Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Moon Soundtrack

I remember the first time I heard 98 Degrees' "Hardest Thing." I was so confused - why does he have to tell her he doesn't love her when he really does? It made no sense to me. Then I saw the movie Cruel Intentions and there's a scene where Ryan Phillippe's character tells Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend's character that he doesn't love her but it's to protect her or something. I forget but I remember that it related and I finally understood the song. I still think it's totally unrelatable to the mass public. How many people are in such danger that they need to lie to their love to keep him/her alive? Harry Potter, Spiderman, Edward Cullen - not only are these ppl fictional, they all have supernatural powers. Why is it such a common theme then?
I think I'm getting sidetracked. The point it, it IS such a common theme and I'm hoping when New Moon is made they don't write NEW songs for it when there are soooo many already. Here are just a few that I can think of that completey relate to the story but not to real life whatsoever: Ben Harper, "Walk Away;" 98 Degrees, "Hardest Thing;" Kelly Clarkson, "Since U Been Gone," "I Hate Myself for Losing You," "My Life Would Suck Without You," probably anything by her. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment