Monday, May 4, 2009

Bank statement

I was just catching up on some "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" when I saw that I had an ex's bank statement as my bookmark from the last time I read it. Since I'm currently angry with him I decided to exact my revenge by perusing the statement. Upon review I wondered if my bank statements are as boring and predictable as his. See if you can guess which ex:
Gas
Cheap grocery store
Netflix charge
Korean restaurant
Padres tix/consessions
British style pub
Used book store
Start at beginning, repeat almost exactly in order

This ex was v private about his bank info (smart) so I have no clue how it came to be in my book. My only guess is that I was at his apt early in the relationship and (now realize prob reading it aloud to him with a british accent) grabbed whatever was close to mark the page and dozed off. But it seems weird that he'd have this lying around for me to grab. I think he must've been trying to read it to me (I remember a horrible fake cockney accent) and grabbed it himself.

The absolute strangest part of this whole thing is that the statement is 3 years old and we must have used it when it was fresh (as he had a good filing system) and I haven't noticed until now, which means I haven't opened the book in three years. My fave book in my fave series and I haven't read it in 3 years? I feel shameful. I feel like I should read it over and over for a month. It just makes no sense. I can recall reading the other 6 in the past 3 years but why not this one? Maybe I felt it needed a break? I feel sick thinking about the neglect. Don't look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment