Friday, May 22, 2009

Wuss

I went to a coffee shop tonight to finish a book and listen to my friend's band. Near the end of my book and the set my really ex boyfriend walks in with his friend and sits right next to me. I look up and see that unmistakable douchey chin beard thing and say hi. I get up any hug them both and then say I'm almost done with this book. I say it to let him off the hook from chatting with me. I finish the book even sooner than expected but luckily the band is on their last song so I sit motionlessly enthralled in watching them. When they are done I get up to talk to the band and I see the ex's friend looking at me to say goodbye. He looked like he really wanted to talk to me but I couldn't even remember his name. So as I'm walking away I turn around and wave goodbye without even saying anything. I talk to the band for a few minutes and then leave without looking back.
I feel like a total asshole for not talking to them but I don't actually care what they are up to and don't really want them to know about my life.
I come home and start putting away my dishes. There's a dish that the ex ate off. And there's a dish that the next douche ate off of and so on. Do I really want to start dating douches again? I was just starting to think that it would be nice to start dating a cool guy again but now I realize I don't date cool guys and I'm def not ready to start dating douches again.

No comments:

Post a Comment