Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Next Episode

This morning on the way to work I heard Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's "Next Episode" on the radio. Two amazing things happened while I listened and I will explain them here.

1. I heard them say they were going to drink "Yac" which I can only assume is short for Cognac. Is that not the most amazing thing of all time? Next time I eat caviar i'm going to call it "yar." e.g. "Dr. Hawking and I are were just about to enjoy some yar. Would you care to join us?"
Also, is this where Reddizog got the inspiration for "yatch" in reference to "beauty" aka "bi-atch"? I'm going to assume that Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg and Reddizog both came to this "ending of word abbreviation" on their own and they are all/both so effing awesome.

2. When my favorite (ok one of my favorite as this song is so great) line was aired they bleeped out the n word i.e. "woopdiwoop bleep what?" This absolutley made my day. The n word has only ever been bleeped in senior English class. This can only mean one thing: PROGRESS, and I'm happy to be alive to witness it. Do you think it's because of you know who (no not Voldemort, the president!)? Who cares? I'm so excited that the word is finally being bleeped and is getting the same treatment as other, even far less offensive words. Woopdiwoop indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment