Thursday, September 17, 2009

Workout Routine

After seeing Titanic for the first time when I was in high school, I got nervous that if I were ever on a sinking ship I'd never be able to hold on because I am so weak. Ten+ years later, I've decided to finally do something about it. My new workout routine, starting tonight, consists of the following:
30 minutes of cardio via living room dance party to a Pandora radio station of my choosing
60 crunches
20 left crunches
20 right crunches
80 girly pushups until I can do regular ones again

I will motivate myself by blogging it so the Internets can hold me accountable.

Tonight I danced to Beyonce + Shakira Radio. It's easier to keep up the fast dance moves when I know the song, so when something new came on, I grabbed the hula-hoop to keep me going.
While sweating more than I have in a decade, I did the crunch reps and girly push up reps on a blanket on the floor. Then i grabbed some baby powder, sat in front of my little fan, put on some dirty clothes and went to teach class. One student astutely said, you look wet.

2 comments:

  1. amazing??
    what re right crunches? also, i don t think i can do 80 push ups, girly or not. your arms will be crazy jacked?
    -ek

    ReplyDelete
  2. the side crunches are when i lay out one arm straight to the side, put the corresponding foot over my other leg, and sit up towards the former knee. so far my arms are still so flabby that my elbows look fat.

    ReplyDelete