Friday, October 2, 2009

Phoenix

Obviously I've been pretty lazy with the whole working out thing. I haven't been completely dormant though. Last weekend I went to Phoenix to visit my gramma on my dad's side, along with two of my uncles and my brother+wife. Phoenix was nice and hot. The 100+ degrees weren't so bad becuase it was dry to the extreme. My boogers told me so. I ate a lot of food too. We did an a fancy breakfast buffet at one of our hotels and I think I ate the most. My sister-in-law kept up too. We went to a farm to table restaurant (maybe the only hipster spot in Phoenix) and I got an appetizer and an entre. I thought people would share mine but they all got appetizers too. My appetizer was basically a large meatball sub but then my entre was one large raviolo. After that the meals weren't too exciting. One of the days I swam in the hotel pool. I did some laps and a bit of treading water. Not sure if it's possible but it felt like I was sweating under water. Fun! I was planning on doing some crunches and such after that but then we had to rush to the airport. Oh yeah, seeing my gramma was no big whoop. She barely talked to me and still didn't give me my birthday card or mention it.



This week was pretty lazy. I've got more Buffy borrowed from the library and lots of new TV shows on Hulu. Last night I got with the program - hula hooped for 20 min while watching Glee, then did 80 crunches, and 20 on each side, and 80 girly push ups. Then I finished off the show with 20 more minutes of hula hooping. The hula hooping got easier every time the characters would break into song. It was pretty fun actually. I wasn't going to work out last night but when I went to put on my shirt to go teach, it clung to my belly like I was preggers or something. The crunches didn't help instantly so I tugged on my shirt to stretch it. That helped more. After I got out of the shower and had ten minutes to get to class, I remembered that I was supposed to grade their presentations and had to think of an excuse for why I hadn't. Would they understand if I told them I felt fat? Probably, but I decided against it. I just told them that I'd have their grades next week and they could enjoy their weekend not knowing if they did bad or not. That's reassuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment