Sunday, March 15, 2009

Engaged!


Yeah, I'm talking about my mom. Surprised? I am. Here's the story: Mom calls me today and says she went out last night with "he's not my boyfriend," and some of her close (in relation and proximity) friends, to celebrate her birthday. They had a nice dinner and then when the cake came it said "Will you marry me? Happy 40th birthday!" Yes, it's her 60th birthday. Apparently her "not-boyfriend"/fiance thought it would be weird or something to put 60th. Also, when she told people it was her 60th they thought she was joking. People assume she's in her 40s or early 50s. That's nice I guess. Anyway, that was quite out of the blue for me considering she's never even referred to him as her boyfriend. I'm excited for her though - also it might take a lot of the pressure of me and my siblings in terms of being her date to things and taking care of her in old age. I think he looks like James Cromwell (whom my mother admitted is handsome, but she doesn't agree with the comparison). She says the wedding will either be January 2010 or June 2010. This will be the 3rd wedding of one of my parents that I've been in attendance for. I asked if she'll be moving and she said no, he's moving in with her. That's great news because her last engagement ended when the fiance wanted her move and wouldn't compromise on anything. She said she's going to expand the upstairs bathroom and put a standing shower in the downstairs bathroom, as well as hardwood floors on the ground floor. I was quite excited about that because it will increase the worth of the house considerably and therefore my inheritance. hehe. BTW, that is a pic of James Cromwell, not the fiance (Ray).

3 comments:

  1. what will the new answering machine message say?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have reached the home of jeanne (sp?) gerard, cpa... and ray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where will she put the washing machine??-ek

    ReplyDelete