Thursday, March 5, 2009

Health

Today my coworker, Fanny, who likes to bring food to share with everyone said to me, "look Sarah, I brought in healthy food: dried fruit and nuts [from Costco] instead of chocolate." She then proceeded to place the large mixture next to the Cheetos she also brought in. I'm not complaining that she brought food to share, I just want to point out the health factor: chocolate has redeemable qualities - it's not very bad for teeth, it can have antioxidants; Cheetos do not have any redeemable qualtities other than extremely delicious and satisfying. I wish I could educate her on health but it would just look ungrateful. Also, the dried fruit and nut mixture definitely has added sugar. I wonder if she is pretending she brought these things in to be healthier, just to apease me, or if she's actually believes it to be true.

2 comments:

  1. do you refuse to eat things that aren t healthy? are you the healthy eater at work???
    -ek

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a job and you will understand - it's constantly donuts and cookies and cake and cheetow.

    ReplyDelete